|Cornish Golfers Enjoy Success|
The Truro and Falmouth branch of the party have submitted the motion below for debate.
Along with my fellow branch members I believe that the people of Cornwall deserve acces to sport at all levels - both to participate and to watch.
We need to find ways of building a consensus and to deliver the world class facilities that we deserve.
MK recognises that:
1. Achievement in sport has become part of the recognised cultural inheritance of Cornwall.
2. In order for the people of Cornwall to participate at a level that befits our National status, world class educational, training and recreational facilities need to be developed.
3. The creation of a stadium for Cornwall is an essential part of the strategic development of sport in Cornwall.
Therfore Mebyon Kernow – the Party for Cornwall will:
1. Take a political lead in Cornwall to demand world class development of sport in Cornwall.
2. Set up sub-committee of the NEC in order to conduct a consultation with relevant commercial and public organisations and public interest groups with a view to developing a policy aimed at delivering national sporting success for Cornwall.