Welcome to the blog. All the opinion on this blog is my own or as attributed. Thank you for reading - I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, 28 April 2013

An afternoon off

Yesterday I finally finished stage two of my election campaign. Over the last six weeks I have knocked on the door of over 97% of the electorate in the Illogan ward. The other 3% must be hiding somewhere in the beautiful countryside around lllogan because I haven't been able to find it despite my best efforts!

After an early start, to make sure that I finished door knocking that day, I found myself finished by lunchtime - what to do with the afternoon?

I decided to give my legs a break and go and watch someone else using theirs and so headed off to Redruth to watch the Reds play Taunton. As I headed out to the Rec I spotted the Lib Dem candidate hard at work delivering leaflets - leaving it a bit late as I had seen no evidence of any campaigns from either the Lib Dems nor the parachuted-in Labour and UKIP candidates before then.

This was the first rugby match I have ever been to see live and in the flesh and it was brilliant. The last match of the season, Redruth won 45 - 40. Redruth appeared to me much the better side but seemed to suffer a lack of concentration at the beggining of both halves - conceding two quick tries in the first ten minutes of both.

I enjoyed the game and the atmosphere immensely and I am determined to make time next season to catch a few more home games.

As for the campaign - well it's back on the streets again for the last few days. All that door knocking has given me some great GOTV data - more than enough to keep me busy and targeted during the last few vital days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It won't be long before your comment is displayed. Thanks for taking the time to comment.